In 2023, our mission is to solidify ourselves as an organization that truly cares about the women and children in our community by planning events and providing services that our Central Florida community truly needs.
We are looking for community leaders to join our Board of Directors and Advisory Council. The process begins with a simple interest form and interview. Please read below for more details.
The women we work with are right here in your own community. Their children attend the local schools. They likely work where you shop, eat and play. These are strong women who are doing what they must for their family but also have dreams of owning their own business and having control over their own time and money. Our mission to create space for women to engage in economic opportunities and build community with one another is a big undertaking and we are excited to work with leaders in our community to make it happen.
FILL OUT A BOARD MEMBER INTEREST FORM
Inspiring Hands relies on the support of mentors in our community to step into leadership roles in our organization so that we can have continued success of the programs and services we provide.
IH has two ways for members of the community to take an active role in the organization either by becoming a member of the Board of Directors or participating in our advisory council. The Board acts as the governing system and the advisory council focuses on assisting the executive director and volunteers in designing and actually implementing effective programs and events for our community.
All Board members are asked to:
1. Attend at least 80% of Board meetings throughout calendar year. Meetings are every other month.
2. Support all major events to the best of your ability by obtaining sponsorships, purchasing tickets, providing auction items, and all other items possible to assure the financial success of all of IH events.
3. Participate in at least one interactive opportunity per year with members served by IH.
4. Fundraise, or contribute on their own, a minimum of $1,000 each year.
All Advisory Council members are asked to:
1. Attend at least 80% of council meetings throughout the calendar year. Meetings are bi-monthly.
2. Volunteer at two IH events each calendar year.
3. Fundraise, or contribute on their own, a minimum of $300 each year.
The Board of Directors are insured with D&O Insurance. An ideal board member will join us and be ready to provide support by way of time, talent or treasure. We know each of you are gifted with a special skill and we are excited at the thought of utilizing that for the benefit of women in our community.
Email our director, Vanessa, today at email@example.com to learn more about getting involved or click here to fill out the interest form.